Welcome to DYSWilliam A. Bell, Sr. Mayor
Greetings! Welcome to the new and improved website of the City of Birmingham Mayor's Office-Division of Youth Services. We are so thankful that you have decided to take time out and view some of the awesome things going on in Birmingham for our youngest citizens.read more »
Spotlight on Youth
DYS is now accepting nominations for its spotlight on youth initiative. DYS wants to illuminate the efforts of youth who are using their hands, heads, and hearts to make a positive difference. In order to qualify, nominees must be Birmingham youth between the ages of 6 - 18 years old. Students may be nominated in any of the following areas: COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS, SCHOOL INITIATIVES, ATHLETICS, or FAITH-BASED INITIATIVESClick here for nomination form
Summer Enrichment CampDYS partners with various camp sites to offer constructive summer activities for elementary and middle school-aged youth who live in the City of Birmingham. Camp activities are age-appropriate and are designed to promote positive peer interaction, while offering a safe and fun environment. Announcements about opportunities are distributed via email to our Youth First Virtual Network. If you are not part of the Youth First Virtual Network, send an email request to email@example.com to be added
City of Birmingham Division of Youth Services Announces
SMART ART Logo Design Contest
The City of Birmingham Mayor’s Office Division of Youth Services (DYS) is looking for creative middle & high school students to participate in its inaugural SMART ART logo design contest. Birmingham area school students (6th – 12th grades) are invited to submit up to two original, student-created logos for an upcoming youth cultural arts fair.
The student creator of the winning logo will receive a shadow opportunity with one of the judging marketing companies. The winning logo will also be used in all print and online advertisement of the SMART ART event. Second and third place winners will receive a prize pack.
- Limit of two submissions per student
- The logo must also contain the words:
Youth Cultural Arts Fair
(The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.)
- The logo must be submitted as either a hand drawn original sketch or a scalable vector graphic in an acceptable electronic format (png, .jpg , .pdf, .eps, etc) at 1000 pixels square.
- The logo is the student’s original work and includes no copyrighted or otherwise protected information material.
- The student understands that, upon submission, the conference logo becomes the property of DYS.
- Deadline to submit is Friday, March 21, 2014 by 5:00pm. Winners will be announced on Monday, March 31, 2014 via www.Birmingham365.org, through an electronic press release, and during SMART ART. Please call DYS at (205) 320-0879 to confirm receipt of your submission.