The City of Birmingham is connecting talent to opportunity with the launch of the 2020 Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship Program. Birmingham is dedicated to promoting 21st Century Workforce Development systems for the youth in the city. The Mayor’s Office Division of Youth Services (DYS) is now taking applications from Birmingham City School students interested in connecting to high-wage apprenticeships. Students can apply for the 2020 Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship.
The Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship Program aims to help students develop high-demand skills through paid work experience in four industries: finance and insurance, healthcare and life sciences, energy and engineering and digital technology. The goal of the program is to develop pathways to quality jobs through hands-on learning in the workplace.
The following criteria must be met for a student to be eligible to apply for the program:
- Student must attend a Birmingham City School
- Student must be a high school senior
- Student must have a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Student must complete the Promise Apprenticeship Application Packet
- Current Resume
- Two Recommendation Forms
- Essay with a minimum of 250 words and no more than 500
- Students can fill out the online application and upload supporting documentation and submit online. CLICK HERE
- Students may also print a copy of the application and complete it by hand.
- Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship Program Application
- Printed and completed applications will be accepted at the DYS office located at 1608 7th Avenue North in downtown Birmingham, September 23, 2019 – October 23, 2019. Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For More information about the Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship Program,
contact DYS at (205) 320-0879.