The City of Birmingham Mayor’s Office Division of Youth Services (DYS) in partnership with CBS 42 and AmFirst Credit Union is pleased to announce this year’s Holiday Toy Giveaway. The act of giving is important throughout the year, but the act of giving peaks significantly during the holiday season. To help create happy holiday memories for hundreds of less fortunate Birmingham youth, DYS created the Youth First Holiday Toy Giveaway campaign. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, families will be required to reserve a time for virtual registration. If virtual registration is not an option, there will be limited slots for in-person registration.
HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY RESERVATION BEGINS
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
**9:00 a.m. until capacity is reached**
PLEASE NOTE RESERVATION LINK WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL OCTOBER 27TH
The following link will be used to reserve your time for virtual or in-person registration:
- Youth must reside in the City of Birmingham.
- Households must qualify as low-to-moderately low-income, based on State of Alabama Income Guidelines.
- Only up to two (2) youth per household.
- Children must be 10 years old or younger.
To register, you must bring the following:
- Proof of residency (state-issued ID or driver’s license with address listed)
- Birth Certificate(s) for the child(ren) you are applying for
- Proof of your income (pay stub, proof of public and/or government assistance, or a printout from the State Unemployment Office)
(Special Note: DYS collaborates with other local organizations that provide holiday assistance. We do this to avoid duplication of service. If your child(ren) will be receiving assistance through another program, please leave the DYS registration process open for other youth who have not yet received help for the holidays)DYS’ Youth First Holiday Toy Giveaway Campaign assists Birmingham youth who live in low to moderately-low income households, shelters, and residential living facilities by providing toys for Christmas. Local news affiliate CBS 42 and AmFirst Credit Union are dedicated partners in this initiative.